Wednesday, December 17, 2008

#19 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools


I recently took a look around the Web 2.0 Tools web page. I found it interesting that many of the tools covered in this training are also featured on the sight. Tools that I do not know about are often ranked lowly by the Web 2.0 Tools page. The five star ranking system is my favorite feature. It's easier to see why one tool did better than another. I like the Amazon.com/social media aspects of the Web 2.0 Tools web page because anyone, it seems, can nominate a tool. Database usage on the library's web page would benefit greatly from this. Customers who get to nominate favorite databases, if any, would be of tremendous help. I would instantly know what databases I should promote with displays, or which databases I could recommend for discarding.

One of my favorite tools is the "Pandora" music player. I love the idea of technology doing for me, what I used to do for myself. "Pandora" can search for and automatically download music for sampling and purchase later on. If you like a song, "Pandora" will find other songs that use similar instruments and have a similar sound.

No comments: