Monday, December 8, 2008

#18 Zoho Writer

The following is my review concerning a recent movie: "City of Ember". With Zoho Writer, I was able to make changes to my thoughts and add links to the review. I could have done the same with blogger, but Zoho allows me the option to have friends proofread the writing beforehand. I was surprised at how easy it was to post the review to my blog right away. This would have been wonderful during my days in college. I'll definitely keep this technology in mind for future use.

"City of Ember" records the exploits of two children fighting to save their underground community. I like the basic premise of this film. Two children unite in an "X-Files" styled storyline to overcome apathetic adults and repair a broken generator. We learn over and over again that one generator powers the whole community. Character interactions remind us that time is running out. Things are getting worse. There's no turning back. Too much time is wasted trying to teach the viewer what the problems are, and the film's plot sags on and on. The adults do everything abusive to their young people but kill them outright. Small children are left to fend for themselves, and there is virtually no sign of any police. It appears that garbage is simply thrown on the ground and left by the characters. The city itself is filthy. Everyone knew these problems were coming. Why wasn't anyone prepared? Every character seems aware of the problems, yet most of the characters either simply make up stories about everything, or do nothing. There are too many unanswered questions for me to have loved this movie.

No comments: