Wednesday, June 25, 2008

#7: Thoughts on Technology and Learning

Hi again!. Recently, I have received many questions about learning and technology. It seems that the two go hand in hand. When should learning happen? What's hard about learning new technology? For me, the hardest thing about learning is letting go of others' expectations and just being myself. I now feel that I just need to let go of all expectations. Learning can't really be planned anyway. I tend to learn profound lessons when I am alone relaxing. Alone! Thoughts come back to me concerning the day's events. I make connections and conclusions that I could not make during the work day.

All of my 'ah-ha' moments come to me this way too. It is not surprising to that my most intense technology sessions happen when I am alone. I can stay on my laptop for hours and hours, trying to solve the simplest of tech problems. How do I get rid of my groups in Second Life? How do I unsubscribe to those same groups? Do I have to go through the trouble of contacting every group owner? For me, all roads lead home when it comes to true learning and discovering the ins and outs to technology.

No comments: